As part of its mandate to promote research throughout Canada, the Institute provides partial support for postdoctoral fellows working in theoretical astrophysics or closely related fields at Canadian universities other than the University of Toronto, through the CITA Fellowship Programs.
There are two fellowships being offered: the CITA National Fellowship and the Canada Fellowship. National Fellows are two-year fellowships hosted entirely at a Canadian university other than the University of Toronto. Canada Fellows begin their tenure at a Canadian university outside the University of Toronto for the first two years and the subsequent two years at CITA for a total of a four-year fellowship.
If you are interested in a CITA Fellowship or Canada Fellowship, please contact any of the following faculty by email or check department websites for further research projects and details.
- Rodrigo Fernandez, University of Alberta (firstname.lastname@example.org / ualberta.ca/~rafernan)
- Douglas Scott (main contact for all faculty at UBC), University of British Columbia (email@example.com)
- Alan Coley, Dalhousie University (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Eric Poisson, University of Guelph (email@example.com)
- Adrian Liu, McGill University (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- James Wadsley, McMaster University (email@example.com / physics.mcmaster.ca)
- Ruobing Dong, University of Victoria (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Sara Ellison, University of Victoria (email@example.com / astro.uvic.ca/~sara)
- Julio Navarro, University of Victoria (firstname.lastname@example.org / phys.uvic.ca)
- Shantanu Basu, University of Western Ontario (email@example.com / physics.uwo.ca/~basu)
- Andrei Frolov, Simon Fraser University (firstname.lastname@example.org / http://www.sfu.ca/physics/cosmology)
- Nick Cowan, McGill University (email@example.com)
- Andrew Cumming, McGill University (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Falk Herwig, University of Victoria (email@example.com)
- Mike Hudson, (main contact for all faculty at University of Waterloo), University of Waterloo (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Interested applicants should apply online at https://icat.cita.utoronto.ca/pdf and check off the Fellowships you are interested in applying to. You will be required to submit a CV, research statement and arrange for three letters of recommendation. Only electronic submissions will be accepted.
Deadline: November 10, 2018
Please contact email@example.com for enquiries.