CITA is located on the 14th floor of the McLennan Physical Laboratories at 60 St. George Street. The building is labelled MP on maps of the University of Toronto.
Getting to CITA from Pearson International Airport:
Option 1: Toronto Transit Commission (TTC)
- 192 Airport Rocket provides all-day service between Pearson International Airport & Kipling Station
- Service operates from approximately 5:30 am to 2:00 am Monday through Saturday, and from approximately 8:15 am to 2:15 am on Sunday.
- One-way travel time is approximately 60 minutes (25 minutes from Pearson to Kipling Station)
- $3.25 exact cash fare or a TTC token ($2.90 minimum buy 3 tokens for $8.90). This fare is good for your entire journey downtown
- There is a credit card TTC machine in the lower level of Terminal 1, near stop 192. Please note the machine is very slow. Please be patient, otherwise pressing buttons will cause the machine to reset.
- TEXT 898882 and enter Stop #14278 to learn when the next bus is due.
- Weekday buses arrive 5 – 7 times /hour
- At the airport, tokens can be purchased at the visitor welcome desk in the public corridor outside the arrivals door of the airport. Always ask the driver for a “transfer” when you board the bus. You may need it to move from underground to street levels of the transit service or to show proof of payment.
- In general, every TTC station has a staffed collection booth where you can ask for information, pay your fare, and purchase tokens and passes.
- Printable TTC maps
- From Kipling Station, take the subway 15 stops to St. George Station and walk south (the University of Toronto downtown campus is south of the station. Map)
- Massey College, #4 Devonshire Place is 500 meters from St. George Station
- CITA, MacLennan Physical Building, Burton Tower, # 60 St. George Street (13th and 14th floors) is 1 KM from St. George Station
- OR, to minimize the walk to CITA, you may exit the train at Spadina Station (not St. George) and transfer within the station to the Spadina southbound streetcar (#510) one floor above the train tunnel level. Exit the streetcar at Willcocks Street. The car doors open on the west side of the centre TTC median. From there, walk east to Willcocks Street. Continue east one short block to Huron Street, walk south to MacLennan Physical, about a 3 minute walk.
Option 2: Union-Pearson Express Train
- The UP Express departs from Pearson Airport and Union Station every 15 minutes, $12.00 one-way
- One-way travel time is 25 minutes (to Union)
- Tickets can be purchased online, at vending machines, or upon boarding at the four stops (Pearson Airport, Weston Station, Bloor Station, Union Station)
- Service operates from approximately 5:30 am – 1:00 am, 7 days/week, throughout the year
- From Union Station, take the TTC ($3.25 exact cash fare) to St. George (or Spadina) Station and walk south (detailed instructions above)
- OR from Bloor station, take the TTC to St. George (or Spadina) Station and walk south
- OR from Union Station, take the TTC to Queen’s Park station and cut across the U of T campus to 60 St. George Street
Option 3: Taxi or Limousine
- The flat-rate fare to downtown in a taxi is $53 plus tip and about $60 plus tip for limo (standard tip is 15%). The difference between a limo and a taxi is that the limos are newer and the drivers wear hats. So look for the shorter line.
- If you have to get to the airport in a hurry, you can call a taxi:
- Beck Taxi 416-751-5555
- Co-Op Cabs 416-504-2667
- Black Diamond 416-366-6868
- To be safe, allow a half-hour for the car to arrive but 15 minutes is usually the standard wait.
- You may also book a limousine:
- Aerofleet 416-449-4990
- Aeroport 416-255-2211
- Emerald Limousine 416-590-9000
- Limousines can be booked days or an hour in advance. The cost is about the same for either service, $40-$45 plus tip. The best place to meet the taxi is “on the north side of Russell St., halfway between St. George and Huron”.
Getting to CITA from Billy Bishop Airport (downtown)
Porter Airlines offers short-haul flights between Toronto’s Billy Bishop Airport on the Toronto Islands, and Boston, Chicago-Midway, Newark, Washington-Dulles, Myrtle Beach and Burlington, Vermont. Flyers are rewarded with a spectacular view of the city, and a charming and soon to be-no-more, 30 second ferry ride to the mainland, 4 KM south of CITA. You may also walk through the new pedestrian tunnel which opened in July 2015. Porter service includes complimentary beverages and snacks, and quick check in times. You can safely catch a ferry 30-45 minutes before your departure and make your flight. Ferrys leave the island every 15 minutes starting at 00:07, and from the mainland starting on the hour.
Option 1: Toronto Transit Commission (TTC)
- taking the TTC from the Island involves a 500 meter walk to the TTC stop for the 511 streetcar northbound, this is found at the central median at the corner of Fleet Street/Lake Shore Blvd., and Bathurst Street. TEXT 898882 and enter Stop # 10210 to find out when the next car is due.
- Fare is $3.25 or a token ($2.90 per token, minimum buy 3 tokens for $8.90). Ask the driver for a transfer. Exit at College (TEXT 898882 and Stop #811 to find out when the next car is due) and take the College #506 car east to Huron Street. Walk North to Russell. MP is bordered by Huron, Russell and St. George, and there are entrances to the building from all three streets.
Option 2: On-foot/bike
- On a nice day one may walk from Billy Bishop Airport to CITA or can bike using Bixi bikes. There is a stand near the outside of the airport. You may return your bikes at a rack on the South West corner of College and Huron.
Option 3: Taxi
- The taxi stand is a short walk east of the mainland ferry terminal. To ease traffic flow, cabs only drop off at the terminal entrance. Follow the people walking east. See also: www.torontoport.com/Airport/Getting-To.aspx